Monday, January 23, 2012

The mice will play...

I had the pleasure of some time (ohmygosh.areyoukiddingme?!) to myself the past weekend. It was, in a word, LOVELY. I hung out with my mom and perused some discount stores for cheap frames and a plastic soap dish the kids can't break. We tried on silly hats and nearly wet our pants laughing at how funny we both are. We went out to lunch and ran a couple errands. We also finished our sentences, had complete thoughts and caught up more in a few kid free hours than we can over the course of a month of visits. I then fit in two girlie birthday parties, one filled with wine, cheese and laughter and the other filled with dancing, cupcakes, and laughter. I took the rest of the weekend and started and/or finished up 1.3 million projects that I've been meaning to get to for the last year (I'm rounding down by 2 years. Some of those projects have been laying around half finished for at least 730 days). Some were glamorous (I FINALLY COVERED OUR UGLY STOOLS!) and some were necessary (NO MORE RUBBERMAIDS OF TOO SMALL KID CLOTHES IN THE HALLWAY!). I wrapped up some of my freelance design work and I started painting some frames. I feel contentedly exhausted from the fun, frivolity and sheer amount of stuff I was able to get done in nearly 2 days. Why didn't I appreciate time more before I had kids? :)

My newly covered stools and in the background, the kids' artwork frame I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment