Sunday, March 3, 2013

Easy Breezy

I don't think I can utter the words easy-breezy without Parker calling out from somewhere in the house "LEMON SQUEEZY!" which never fails to make me smile.

This weekend we were HOME! And it was easy-breezy. All this gallivanting has been very unusual for us because it took about year of working on trades for Jeremy's schedule to have a weekend off (let alone weekendS). And while I love it and the excitement and being able to spend time together somewhere else, a weekend at home is good for my soul. I'm a homebody and an introvert at heart, masked deep inside an outgoing traveling gypsy. Go figure. Over the weekend we had Jeremy's best friend come stay with us (also known as The Back-Up, The Godfather, Coffee Concierge, and Chris). They organized their own pub crawl and worked very hard to stay out past 8pm to spite me, as I insisted they couldn't last that long in their growing age. They rolled in at 8:11, very proud of themselves. We worked in two other get-togethers with friends, 30 pounds of carrot soup, decorating the house for spring (I'm trying to encourage it), and Jeremy worked a shift. The kids also helped me weed some of our garden and get it ready for planting and pride exuded from me as Parker worked endlessly hard for FOUR HOURS helping me weed and rake. He is particularly inspired right now because he has been saving for a wooden sailboat for a year and he is getting close now. I told him I'd pay him a dollar towards his savings to help me weed, but four hours later after he had FILLED our compost and collected  3 additional buckets of weeds, raked the beds, and trimmed a lot of plants I proudly handed over four dollars to his shocked and delighted face. Such a huge help. I think I got as much done as if it had been Jeremy and I!

 The first batch. Hopefully we still like carrot soup in a year, because that's how long 
it will take to get through all of it. (Fifteen+ pounds of carrots is a lot more than it looks).

 We welcomed spring with the kids helping me decorate (they also 
redecorate, play with the items and artfully arrange little bunny ears that the break off).
 I got to spend some quality time with several friends, and one of the noteworthy 
ones was baby Bea - a dear little lady adding to a sea of 6 brothers.

 Everly insisted we go to the pool which sounded like so.much.work.  She settled 
for bathtubs and bathingsuits! Which I said in a super fun voice to make it seem more appealing. :)

And the gardeners extraordinaire. I'm giddy with excitement that they enjoy and 
can help with a hobby I'm passionate about!

No comments:

Post a Comment