Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Vicariously.

We returned from our vacation and "real life" smacked me straight on. This week has been...long. And I'm only midway through. We got back from fun and family time and returned to Jeremy working 48 hours in a row, less than 12 hours together on a busy, busy Sunday and then I returned to working 12 hour days amidst Jeremy's additional 24 hour shifts. The next day we'll see each other is Friday- a good 5 days since the last. And all of that is amidst endless loads of laundry, kids who are sick now, a sinus infection for me, and all that comes with trying to catch up from last week. Boo, this week - you can head on out of here and let me move on to next week.

So, I'm living vicariously. On Sunday we took a (VERY COLD) bike ride as a family around Lake Padden. The kind of ride where we stopped at the only two bathrooms and had to spend 10 minutes with our fingers held under the hand-dryers just to barely feel them again. And it was beautiful. And crisp. And so nice to spend time as a family again after we lived it up so much together. I'm living vicariously through my own bike ride for this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment