Monday, March 25, 2013

On Feathery Snow.

Our time here has been magical. And we are making the most of every day.

 

Things got a crazy at the top of the mountain. We learned it from our elders...
 

We stopped for a late afternoon treat break and then the kids decided that rather than walk the 100 feet uphill to the condo, it would be easier to ski all the way down to the bottom of the mountain, catch the last chair, ride up to the top of the mountain and ski back down to home. Which forced me to enjoy the rest of my hot latte on the slopes in order for us to make it down to the bottom before the mountain closed.


Don't let this undisturbed photo Jer snapped fool you. Moments before this I was skiing along, caught an edge and totally wiped out on the run. Being that I have my priorities, I managed to spill just a couple drops of coffee while completely bruising my hip. I'm that good.

 We took the kids innertubing one afternoon after skiing. Flying down the hill, 90 miles an hour and landing in a pile of hay at the bottom was total glee-filled-bliss for these adrenaline junkies. This tubing run was no joke. They eventually closed two of the tracks due to excessive speed, to the disappointment of our kids.

And speaking of adrenaline junkies. Parker has been patiently waiting a year to drive the mini-snowmobiles as the minimum age is six. He got about 30 seconds of instruction (brake, gas, kill switch) and could take off. And take off, he did. He gunned that thing and drove around the windy, hilly track in and out of the woods like he has done this a million times. Except he hasn't. And it causes me to fear for when he's sixteen. And in-between.

No comments:

Post a Comment