Saturday, May 19, 2012

Head above water

My great parents took the kids for the morning and early afternoon while I went to the doctor to get some medicine for this bronchitis and pneumonia and then I followed that with a three hour nap from exhaustion from driving myself around for an hour. Lovely! I'm *slightly* worried about tonight's sleep with cough syrup with codeine AND my nighttime Sudafed with no backup parent to attend to the children, but here goes! Sleep well, children! This afternoon after my parents dropped them off I basically tried to keep my head above water and lay as low as possible (ha, ha - that's kind of a joke because my children are three and five and absolutely "full of life") so we played outside for as long as possible and then I threw them in the bath after we got muddy cavorting at the creek and now we're rounding it out watching The Story of Jonah and eating hotdogs I warmed up. I think I'm going downhill again.

Trying to catch wild bunnies in the backyard.

 Shoring up the dam at the creek.

Heading back to the house for that delicious and healthy dinner I'm about to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment