Friday, May 18, 2012

Eighteen

Being sick always makes me feel like I'm wasting time. I've been calling this stuff  "allergies" for months now trying to convince myself that it was nothing, so it figures it would eventually hit me like a mack truck. So for today, my only day with the help of a husband home, I thought I'd feel like I could go along for the ride and at least tag along to a park and sit while the kids played, or go to my favorite nursery and point out the 2 plants I've been meaning to get or just do *something*. Alas, it was not meant to be today. I got tired just walking into the kitchen, I can't catch my breath from this lung infection at all times, and coughing and sneezing fits are a total bummer. So I'm trying to find the adventures in these little moments so I don't feel like it was yet another wasted day while being sick.

 This morning we had another "Playfest 2012"

 After about half an hour, the kids got serious, broke out the rug and set up a whole city. Train tracks later followed for some mass transit options for both people, animals, and a couple of fairies.
 
 Everly spun some tunes for us. She really prefers just the first 5 seconds of most songs.

 I tried to read to them. I pretty much camped out here for the morning.

Parker played school with me and practiced his letters. We had a cute moment when he said "You should be a teacher" and I said "I was a teacher!" and he looked at me all wide eyed and said "Did they call you Miss Mama?".

And then tonight when I was putting Everly to bed she wondered aloud "When is it tomorrow? Because it's always tomorning and tomorrow never comes...."  I told her she was kind of right and we should just call it tomorning. Then when I was putting Parks to bed he had harder questions. About 20 minutes of them. The highlights were: "When will I die? How big is heaven? How was I a baby in your tummy? When will Molly die? How does God put a seed in your tummy and make it into a baby? (*that was kind of a follow up question...) How big is the world? How long is kindergarten? How big will I be when I'm six? How much do I know right now? How much will I ever know? How did Everly get picked especially for our family? Why do you guys have to work? How long until our garden grows? When will I get to pick all my carrots?" Just to name a few. JUST TO NAME A FEW, GUYS!

And we truly deserve this night's sleep...






No comments:

Post a Comment