Friday, March 30, 2012

So grown up.


Everly slept in her crib until she was almost 3, despite her wish to move on. As a caring mother, I kept assuring her that some little girls weren't "lucky enough to sleep in a cozy crib for a long time!". She wised up and stopped buying that as she rounded the corner towards preschooler-hood. I mentioned that she might need a real bed sometime soon to Jeremy, who (in Everly's best interests) surprised me by taking apart her crib and putting up a 'real' bed while I was at work one day. That was a little over a month ago and then the room came to a standstill. I had all sorts of fantasies about creating a big surprise for her, putting in some of the wonderful things for an older girl, and having her walk in and watching her elated smile light up. I didn't get around to it, and now her room housed both nursery items (why do we still have her cloth diapers around?) and all of her collections that she's made as she gets older. I realized last week that walking into her room was like being on the set of Hoarders, so I finally spent a few hours cleaning up, transitioning, and making a big note for Jeremy To Do when he arrived home from work the next morning. We tag teamed it and did a room makeover in just a few hours. And now it's one of my favorite rooms in the house again. Aaaaahh.

I already had her sheets, bedspread, the tent and a floor pillow all stashed in the closet for months now, along with a bunch of big girl decorative things. And in a very thoughtful and romantic gesture, Jeremy and I went to Target and got a bunch of bins on my birthday to organize all of her big girlie stuff.

The only thing I still need to add is a little book rack for her reading corner.
The branch I made to hang over her crib is moved over to the corner.
And the top shelf is still reserved for all her sweet and lovely baby memories for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment