Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Golden Egg


This is the first year I've actually dyed eggs with the kids. Call me crazy, but two kids who are prone to spilling everything (literally everything- even things that seemingly cannot be spilled) made me a little wary of activities with instructions with the words "dye pack" in them.

Well 2012, apparently you are my year for throwing caution to the wind. Easter egg dying, here we come. Nothing could persuade me to change the plan that day. After 5 years of preparation for the fated Egg Extravaganza, Parker's ear infection, the fact that he fell asleep at the table at one point, the countless eggs Everly broke, and the smudged dye throughout her hair left me unfazed. Because, really...it was so very, very adorable. Brilliant Easter Egg colors and carefully drawn crayon designs on them will make any heart soften.

No comments:

Post a Comment