Sunday, March 18, 2012

Swimming With Fish

The kids have been begging for pets of all kinds for years now. Especially Parks. His latest animal requirements in no particular order are: more cats, a hamster, a gerbil, a dog, a rabbit, a parrot, fish and another dog. Avoiding a mutiny and getting off easy, we got...(drumroll)...fish! Two goldfish. Just about the easiest fish that you can possibly find. And it's a good thing too...


Because just as Everly's love of Molly knows no bounds, so does her love for the fish. Being a natural caregiver, she has rearranged their bowl several times, fed them chocolate chips, stirred their bowl with her toothbrush and toothpaste and also tries to catch them a lot (just to give them a little hug). We might be heading towards a midnight replacement sooner than later.

Parker The Protector is always there to tattle. Which I'm actually encouraging in my effort to Save The Fish.

Their names are Memo and Go-ey. Everly's Memo sounds just like Nemo, only I think Everly actually named her fish after my nickname for my beloved Mimosas. ("Jer? Can you make me a Memo please?") And Parker's was named Stop-ey Go-ey for a while, but we thought that might be sending mixed messages to the fish so he settled on Go-ey. Live on, fish! And good luck.

2 comments:

  1. um... 1. mimosas have been my number one pregnancy craving and I have been annihilating bottles of OJ's and sparking water weekly. This week we are buying some "post birth drinks" and that does include 5 bottles of Martini and Rossi.
    2. Everly is hilarious. And I killed a fish with my tooth brush as a kid... trying to clean it... watch out Memo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good mimosa is literally the answer to most problems that can be confined to a particular day. :)
      And sadly, Goey perished last night (ALREADY?!) and we are totally secretly replacing him. Yup. I've become that parent.

      Delete