Thursday, July 3, 2014

Day 15 . Waialea Beach

We had just a morning to early afternoon at a beach today (which seems so long, but seriously the time goes by SO FAST) before we had to head back to the condo to get some groceries from some new friends we met who were leaving today (and groceries are SO expensive, cutting our beach trip a little short was worth it). And we also had to head back early to go over to some new friends' house for dinner. We met Britt and Matt and their kids Mackenzie and Silas at our old condo where they live and instantly sparked a friendship that consisted of hanging out at the pool nearly every evening for the two weeks we were there. They are some great people and they cooked us a pretty amazing dinner. We are already making plans for them to come to Washington.

 This was right up there for one of our favorite beaches. The back of the beach was lined with trees which provided us with enough shade that we didn't need to put up our umbrella and the snorkeling around the rocks on the left was great! While it isn't known for it's snorkeling, the depth and lack of waves made it perfect for the kids and we saw TONS of fish. Since the bottom in most places was 15 feet down or so, Parker got pretty good at diving down with his mask and fins and could make it to the bottom. Watching him do it, I decided to try and found out it is HARD! :)




 And anyone who knows me knows I LOVE to see creatures in the wild. Animals, birds, whatever. I love 'em all. I've been trying to capture my beautiful red, shy friend since we got here. Of course, he landed on the sand right next to me. Perfect.
 And then we came home and to my delight the parrots were in the trees off our lanai! I was told that someone brought a few parrots to the island at some point and they breaded and now a flock of them roams the island. I love a good parrot sighting. Man, they're cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment