Tuesday, December 10, 2013

25 Days of Christmas {ten}

In all honesty, December has been a blur so far. It's been filled with sleepless nights, adjustments and doctors visits. It's been an hour by hour coping with trying to figure out a new normal and doing our best to help our boy who isn't himself anymore. It's been filled with worry about things I can and cannot control. It's not been the best. However, I'm thankful that this season makes us create the difference for Parks and Evie. Every day is full of traditions in December for our family, so letting it all go while I cry in a heap on the couch isn't an option and I'm forced to get it together. To hug and smile and laugh, even though my heart doesn't feel it yet. It's impossible to tell everyone I'm doing terribly after a mild "how are you?" so I am retreating and doing my best to keep it all turning. I'm doing my best to create some of the little moments and drive all the way to Seattle to make big memories, while I don't feel like celebrating because...someday I'll need to look back and know that life didn't stop for my kids.

Tonight we made cocoa with whip cream. And added more when the top was licked off. Twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment