Sunday, December 15, 2013

25 Days of Christmas {fourteen}

We did the Jingle Bell Run for the first time in Bellingham as a family. I had already planned a team with my coworkers and then Parks said he wanted to try it, so I was joined by the whole family. Parker has had to give up most of his sports due to his health issues recently, as well as all of our skiing vacations for this winter. He's fairly devastated. So I felt like the stakes were slightly higher at this race. Parks has taken an interest in running recently and I was praying this would be a lot of fun, successful, and a great experience for him. And the day was...INCREDIBLE.


Parker ran the 5K with Jer. Parks set the pace, and he chatted with Jeremy the entire time, loved every minute of it, and completed the race in JUST UNDER 33 MINUTES. A 5K!! He was so proud of himself. And I was blown away by his perseverance. He went for another two and a half mile run today. He told us it's his new hobby. So awesome.

And Everly and I ran it in the back. She made it 50 feet before she decided she'd rather hitch a ride with her friend in a jogger. And apparently we found the perfect group to join because much to her delight we joined a goat and two ponies, all dressed up like reindeer. Only in Bellingham.



No comments:

Post a Comment