Friday, November 30, 2012

Good Tidings

The coziness of every surface being adorned with Christmas decorations has been one of my favorite things to look forward to every year. I love the familiarity in where everything is placed, lovingly setting out things passed down from my grandparents and my parents. Looping a colorful paper garland my mom made when she was a little girl. Hanging up an ornament from one of my very first students. Putting the Holiday Mix on the ipod and pouring ourselves a sparkling cider (or a mimosa :) and settling into a whole day of it. I love every minute.



This year Frisbee, our elfie showed up right after Jeremy put on the lights and we had our backs turned. He brought a note about all the wonderful things he enjoyed last year in our house and in anticipation of celebrating Jesus' birthday.

Parks was SO sick the entire day. I managed to snap just two pictures of him hanging up a handful of ornaments before he had to lay down again.

And this was Everly's first year of BIG participation. She loved hanging up ornaments and playing with the felted Nativity.

Ever had to know the story about each and every ornament we hung up. It took awhile. "Why is this one special? Tell me all about it!"


And it was also Everly's first year of hanging up the star! She can still barely reach it. A little help from dad to get it up there the last few inches was eventually needed.


Our new favorite addition. A felted Nativity that they can play with all they want.

I feel like the house is dripping with Christmas now. And I absolutely love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment