Sunday, October 7, 2012

Table Mountain.

Jeremy took the kids hiking at Table Mountain on Saturday. We keep thinking we have to savor this "last day of summer" well into October and at some point this will be true. As it stands, each day feels warmer than the last. They hiked a trail where Jeremy said he was pretty nervous part of the time because of the narrowness and the steep drop. I was thankful I wasn't with them because if Jer is nervous, I'd likely be freaking out. They survived and had a grand time and were treated to pizza for being extraordinary hikers.


 Today Parks asked me "Do you think I'm big enough to climb Mount Baker?" I don't know, I replied...how old do you think you need to be? He thought for a minute and said "Probably bigger. I'll need to be six." This boy LOVES to hike. He hikes some VERY long and VERY steep trails and really loves every minute. My mind instantly flashed forward a few years from now when I think that his dream of summiting Mount Baker is in the not to distant future.


Jer also noted that both of the kids thought they were going skiing and got fully dressed to do so that morning. He had to bring a change of clothes for them and break the news when they got up there. Sitting on an empty chair is a pretty close second, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment