Monday, October 22, 2012

Apple picking.


We visited Bellewood's newest addition to their amazing farm this weekend. We get a box (or few) of apples every year to make applesauce. This year (to my amazement) it took less than 7 minutes for the kids to pick a heaping box of apples, and that was with sorting through the branches and picking only "the absolutely amazing ones". :)






We had the most amazing morning there. Truly. And I had all sorts of wonderful anecdotes and cute moments and details I wanted to record about the day, but then I waited 2 days to talk about it. And in the meantime deadlines began looming and I'm spending nights after my work days doing some design work for a non-profit that is making my work days a little over 17 hours right now, a lot of which is done while the kids are sleeping. So I'm taking a break and posting about our gorgeous and fun day at the apple farm this weekend because I know that someday, I won't remember these sleepless nights or all the work it takes as a mom to balance everything at this time. But I will remember the looks on their faces when they proudly showed us the full box of apples, and the way they quietly held hands on the tractor ride out to the orchard, or when Parker told me that pumpkin bread is WAY better than a cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment