Thursday, October 18, 2012

lessons.

We have a fish for a daughter. This girl submerges herself under water for long periods of time during bathtime, at the lake, and even sticks her head under the kitchen faucet when she gets a chance. ("How did your head get wet?" "What get wet?" "Your head. How did it get wet?" "Something is wet?" "YES. YOUR HEAD. HOW?!" "Oh, thaaaat's wet. My face went for a swim, and, uh, then, uh...." trailing off...).

So The Fish is in swimming lessons right now. And VERY proud of it. She can float on her back and paddle to the edge of the pool, and she enjoys showing everyone how she can keep her eyes open and blow all of the air out of her lungs and sink to the bottom and sit cross-legged down there. AHK!


 She told me her one of her teachers is named Gerbil. I questioned that, but Everly insists. Swears up and down her name is Gerbil. She points her out when we see her - "There goes Gerbil!" and any attempt to correct her on that falls on deaf ears. So, today I asked Gerbil what her real name is and I could not stop laughing. Penny. Her name is Penny. Which is also the name of Everly's beloved....gerbil. I quickly told Penny Girl the story and we both had such a good laugh. Oh, this girl and her connections. I love it. And yes, she's created a phenomenon and now everyone refers to Penny as Gerbil.

No comments:

Post a Comment