Sunday, July 22, 2012

Happy as clams.

We finally got to go clamming with the cousins last weekend while we were at the lake. We ventured 10 minutes away to our trusty source on the sound and taught them how to spot the best ones. I must say, when we have four kids digging for clams, the gathering goes a lot faster.


I found myself sitting back a lot and taking it all in. This is my oasis.  Playing in the saltwater with happy kids, surrounded by family, on a new (for some) adventure. I love it. I can't get enough of it.

The kingfisher, showing everyone how it's done.

 The closest in age.

 The family.

 Auntie and her oldest.

 We found a baby dungeness scurrying through the water.

 And then, oh my stars, Parks found this on the way back to the car. I think this kid is a magnet for snakes and all things creepy, crawly and slithery. He was quite proud. And Everly was PINING to hold it too. They are a fearless twosome. I tried my best to grin and play it cool.


 The bunch of us with 120 clams.

Twas a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment