Monday, February 6, 2012

This boy.

When I got up after snuggling with Parker in his bed tonight, I noticed something sticking out from underneath his blanket way at the bottom of his bed. I thought it was one of his stuffed animals and when I reached out to pick it up, by the glow of his nightlight I realized it was actually his foot. HIS FOOT! This little boy who was a tiny baby in my arms what seems like just yesterday is long enough that near the end of his bed, his foot can stick out of the end of the blankets. This little boy who still asks me to pick him up (I must look ridiculous), who still wants to snuggle with me every night, who still wants to read books on my lap, this little boy is growing. And all those moments are fleeting, evidenced by this foot sticking out of the end of the blankets.


This little boy also ends everyday with a conversation that usually goes a little something like this:

me: "Goodnight. I love you."

parks: "Goodnight and I love you too. I love you like the stars."

me: "I love you like the world!"

parks: "I love you all over the world and in the clouds!"

me: "I love you around the world a million times."

parks: "I love you 96 hundred thousands!"

me: "Oh, that is a lot of love. Thank you!"

parks: "Yup. I love you lots."

This boy can grow and change and get older, but I want to end every day like that. Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment