Sunday, February 26, 2012

Soft Kleenex

On the very last day of our vacation, I felt like I was coming down with a cold. I willed it away (which usually works for me!) because this is the month of "I just need to get through this". It started with Parker's party, followed by our week of vacation, we came home to Jeremy working a 48 hour shift, followed immediately by some big consultants at my work, and then leaving on a business trip at the end of this week, returning to work and then (the icing on the cake) several days in Anne-Francisco with my beloved (sorry, Jer). All of this occurs in three weeks. So no time for a cold because there's no time to recover. Fast forward to Saturday when I had no idea there were so many neck muscles in my neck and throat that could ache and I could hug the inventor of Puffs Kleenex. Seriously. That person needs an award. *On a sidenote, Everly calls kleenex "Blow-nex". It makes me laugh every time.

My amazing parents know my schedule for the next week and a half and insisted that they have a fun-filled grandparents weekend while I get better. I vacillated between delirious cold-naps (seriously. could those dreams get any weirder?) and feeling so guilty that my kids are not with me. Just when I thought I was feeling better today and I was going to call and go get them, my babysitter for tomorrow morning cancelled (flu too!) and I walked upstairs, got winded, laid down, and nearly fell asleep on the carpet. Back to the couch I go.

Mid-day we had a lovely hailstorm, followed by a dramatic and fast 1/2 inch of snow, and then an afternoon of of blue skies and sunshine. I believe the weather is matching my cold. There better be blue skies for me tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment