Tuesday, September 16, 2014

My favorite plain

I adore Plain. It feels like a second home to me. I think I could live there if it didn't mean leaving all of our family behind. We spent a glorious four days there. Rafting and hiking and heading up to Sugarloaf to see the fires. We weren't sure we would even be able to head to the cabin in the middle of the summer when they closed our road and evacuated due to the fires. Luckily the winds were in our favor and the danger left after three long weeks.

The big highlight by far was rock climbing! We headed to Peshastin to The Pinnacles and harnessed Evie and Parker up so they could try on a real rock. They've been practicing on the big indoor climbing walls, but haven't ever gone where they needed to be roped and harnessed with helmets. So, we did it. And they did great. And we stood on the edge of some not so safe cliffs where they didn't even seem to notice while I was sweating bullets and tethering them to myself while we were just standing there. Oh, and then they just scaled those rock cliffs like it was no big deal and repelled down like they've been doing this all their lives. Naturals. :)


 





























































No comments:

Post a Comment