Thursday, June 13, 2013

Play it up.


I am about as sentimental as they come. I'm also running on a bit 'o empty this spring. And I'm prioritizing and making time for things that need it, and although this documentation of the daily life of my family is important to me (because one day my kids will love that they have this), I don't always have the most timely posts. Which means sometimes I skip it and give myself some grace, and other times I post it anyway - when it's important to me to record a special moment. Such as this one. Because an adorable little Kindergarten school play is a once in a lifetime thing. Cue to the waterworks.

Parker's teachers put on the most adorable "How Does Your Garden Grow" Kindergarten musical. Parker was a weed. A very proud weed, at that. He had a little section of supporters - two parents, a sister, and four grandparents (two of which drove two hours to watch a 45 minute play...they are very dedicated grandparents). And boy, oh boy, was it darling.


 This was Parker's moment to shine. With this little group the extent of their lines were
"We're the weeds! We're cool! We're the weeds! We rule!" and then a follow up of
back and forth "Weeeeeeeeds!"  "Ruuuuuuuuule!" He was VERY proud.

 Handprint and footprint art. Which was so cute. And I was delighted that I got this in time for Mother's Day
along with Evie's handprint art from her school. LOVE.

 
 The cheering section. These supportive sisters were equally excited about the
performance and the cookies afterwards.

Parker's biggest fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment