Wednesday, April 10, 2013

then life caught up with me.

We've been busy. Jeremy is working a second job right now. I'm always working my freelance nights. The kids have school and co-op volunteering days and kindergarten volunteering days and lessons. We have the foodbank garden and various other commitments and this week it all felt like it was piling down on me. The wonderful thing about my husband's firefighting schedule is his ability to be home with the kids when I'm at work. The bad thing about my husband's firefighting schedule is that we go days at a time without seeing each other and with his new job, our meetings are few and far between. My husband is my best friend. I like to hang out with him. And I like to parent with him. And going that alone makes me feel like a single mom sometimes. Which is A LOT of work. So this week I let it pour over my shoulders and heave it's weight on my while I cried and sought comfort from friends and poured myself a glass of wine with dinner I ate in a dark house at 10 pm. And then the days of the week went on and it's slowly getting better. This too shall pass.


This previous weekend we spent the last three days of our spring break down in La Conner with friends. Thankfully, Jer's kelly day fell on this week so we had three wonderful days in a row when I did not work and the kids didn't have school and we met friends at the cabin. These two, amazing people with a friendship steeped in history with us. Cami and Jeremy met during high school and have been close ever since, moving to Bellingham together to go to college. The summer after Jeremy and I met he moved to Alaska with Cami where she met her now husband Brian and they all worked together. Over the last 20 years our various circles have overlapped and intertwined in some sweet and 'how on earth did you meet them?!' ways. We spent a rainy beach weekend atop the Fidalgo cliff with their twin five year olds, four year old Evie, five year old Parks and their fifteen year old and his friend. A full and chaotic house of fun.











No comments:

Post a Comment